The 4th of July brings about fond memories for many people; barbecues, summer fun by the pool, enjoying the nice weather with friends and family, and of course, fireworks. While many of us humans will rejoice in the unwavering sounds of American Independence, many of our canine and feline counterparts will be freaking out!
Therefore, today I wanted to talk to you about preparing for the 4th of July. The inspiration for this post comes from the below infographic from K9ofMine.com.
Here are some steps to get ready for the big day:
- Make sure all of your pet’s tags and microchips are up to date with the correct information.
- Make sure your pets have had plenty of exercise leading up to the 4th of July.
- Don’t forget to keep them cool & hydrated in the hot temperatures.
- Purchase a Rein Coat that reduces stress and anxiety during firework shows.
- Don’t forget to have fun! Make some awesome summer treats for your dog! Here are some of my favorites from our friend Sugar the Golden Retriever:
- Layered Strawberry Frosty Paws
- Frosty Yogurt Berries Bone Parfait
- Watermelon Banana Honey Popsicle
- Banana Berry Appsicle
- Red, White & Blue PAWsicle
If this is your first summer with your dog and you aren’t sure how they feel about fireworks, I have 8 safety Tips for Your Dog’s First 4th of July here.
Please share your plan for keeping your dog safe & happy this 4th of July!
Please include attribution to K9 of Mine with this graphic.
Believe it or not, we are still working our way through 30 Days to the Best Pet Home. Mostly because I have had a lot of schedule surprises lately, and for that reason, I find myself far off course (hence today’s topic). However, the information in this series is valuable […]
One of the best things about summer is an opportunity to attend concerts and music festivals. I remember as a kid, my parents would take me every summer to an outdoor music festival in my hometown. These days, festivals are an even bigger part of pop culture and a huge part […]
Rooney’s Pick of the Week is back! It’s been quite some time since I wrote about Rooney’s favorite things, and since he is the center of this blog (and my universe), I thought it was time we start talking about his favorite items again. This week is all about our […]
May is National Pet Month. National Pet Month is described in so many different ways, but mostly it is a time when we celebrate the joy and love that pets bring to our lives. For today’s post, I would like to focus specifically on the joy that senior pets can […]