Saying Goodbye is Never Easy…

After working in the veterinary field for several years, you start to notice a pattern…

Many owners have to say goodbye to their furry best friends (and furry kids) during this time of year. Although this observation is very unscientific, it certainly seems to be a pattern.

pet-quote

We bring pets into our lives knowing we won’t spend the rest of our days with them. So how great must their love be that we do this to ourselves over and over?

The answer ….pretty freakin great.

Our pets are our therapists, our security, and at times, our only companions, but most importantly, they are there to love us each and every day, which is why saying goodbye is so terribly difficult.

Recently, many of my friends have had to say goodbye to their beloved companions. The world recently lost a wonderful blind beagle named Casey, a very scruffy and mischievous Lewis, and the wonderful and beautiful Miss Fanny Rose.

Recently, I wrote about Rufus in my story about puppy mills. Well, Miss Fanny Rose was Rufus’ sister, whom he loved so very much. I had the pleasure of seeing Rufus and Fanny together for years, and I know he misses her very much. One of my favorite memories of Fanny is the video of her couch dance, and with permission from her mom, I will share it with you today….

Although the video is dark, I think you can see just how bright Fanny’s personality was. Be sure to give your furry friends a kiss on the nose tonight for all of those who no longer can.

My thoughts and prayers are with Casey, Lewis, and Fanny’s families.

Feel free to share your favorite memories below..

Dakota/Caren/Cody
    November 12, 2013 at 12:29 am

there have been so many beloved pets crossing the bridge this year that it is just heartbreaking ((((hugs))))

The Patron Saint of Dogs
    November 12, 2013 at 2:07 am

Dare to believe in Dog Heaven

mykidhaspawsblog
      November 13, 2013 at 11:19 pm

I believe!

Karen
    November 12, 2013 at 4:16 am

Casey the beagle had the best singing voice! He even looked fabulous in a tiara. Loved him lots and got a beagle myself because of Casey.

mykidhaspawsblog
      November 13, 2013 at 11:20 pm

That’s so awesome Karen, thank you for sharing with us.

Sue Mudd
    November 13, 2013 at 2:51 pm

I’m teary-eyed now remembering Miller. I’m going to go give Cha Cha and Busy a kiss right now. 🙂

mykidhaspawsblog
      November 13, 2013 at 11:20 pm

I know its so hard, but their love is so amazing!

writetowag
    November 14, 2013 at 9:18 pm

This is such a beautiful post…I am so glad to have found your blog and a million thanks for following us too!!!! Love making new bloggin’ friends…I could never live without a dog by my side…I wish they were with us Furrever!!!! 🙂

mykidhaspawsblog
      November 14, 2013 at 9:40 pm

Thank you so much! I really appreciate you taking the time to read my post. It really means a lot. I also look forward to reading more of your posts! Thanks!

barb19
    December 8, 2013 at 12:20 am

I did have two shih-tzu’s but lost Penny four years ago now, and I still think of her every single day. Her sister Poppy is now 14 and thankfully, still healthy, so I hope we have her for a while yet.
    We know we’re only going to have them for f5/16 years or so, and go through the heartache of losing them, only to get another one, but I couldn’t imagine my life without a dog. They enrich our lives and ask for nothing back except to be loved and cared for. Dogs are amazing!
    Thank you for following my blog and I have subscribed to yours – I love blogs about animals of any description.

mykidhaspawsblog
      December 8, 2013 at 8:30 am

No problem! I am the same, I love all blogs about animals! It’s so difficult to know they won’t be with us always, but I agree, it is a testimate to how wonderful they are and how much they enrich our lives!