Black & White Sunday: Rooney Update

MKHPBWSUNDAY2

Rooney is loving his new cozy cave! It also fits him much better than it did me!

For those of you who read our post from last Sunday (here), you know that Rooney slipped a disc in his back last weekend, and had to make a solid recovery this week in order to avoid surgery.

Well, no surgery for now 🙂

Rooney’s ataxia (wobbliness in hind legs) has almost completely gone away and he is continuing to move around very well at this point. He no longer needs to be in his crate 24/7 which is GREAT news. He now can roam our living room and can have three 10 minute leash walks every day.

We have another recheck on July 3rd, and we hope to report good news again. We are so grateful for all the love and support we received when Rooney was injured, it truly meant a lot to us.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Also, GO USA!!

June 22, 2014 at 8:48 am

YAY for no surgery!! That is PAWTASTIC news!!
    Caren Gittleman recently posted…It’s the FIRST Day of #Summer ! Michigan Humane Society offers hot weather tips to help keep pets safeMy Profile

June 22, 2014 at 8:55 am

Thanks Caren! We are also so excited!

Christina Berry
    June 22, 2014 at 9:57 am

Glad to hear no surgery is needed! What a scary thing to go through! Fingers crossed for a good report in July, too!
    Christina Berry recently posted…June 20 is Take Your Dog to Work DayMy Profile

June 22, 2014 at 10:38 am

That is GREAT news! I hope you get a wonderful report because I’d hate for Rooney to face surgery. I think I’d stay comfy and cozy in my cave if I were him! Give him a kiss from us!
    M. K. Clinton recently posted…Burglars Beware!My Profile

Kyla
    June 22, 2014 at 5:47 pm

Let’s hope July 3 is an early Independence Day!
    Kyla recently posted…I didn’t get to go AGAINMy Profile

Golden Woofs: Sugar
    June 22, 2014 at 7:05 pm

That’s GREAT and PAWsome news! Hope you guys enjoyed your Sunday. Golden Woofs
    Golden Woofs: Sugar recently posted…#UniteToFight Virtual Pet Cancer WalkMy Profile

speedyrabbit