Black & White Sunday: Bentley the Bulldog Needs Your Help

Happy Weekend Everyone!!

In recent weeks I have been contacted by my friends about so many pets that are looking for homes. I have put many other posts on hold to bring awareness to these pets because My Kids Has Paws is dedicated to helping pets around the world above anything else.

That being said, today I introduce you to Bentley.

Bentley

Bentley is a 3 year old neutered AKC registered English Bulldog who needs surgery and a new home. Bentley has severe food and inhaled allergies and a severe dry eye condition, but is the sweetest Bulldog!

His owners were recently informed by an eye care specialist that Bentley needed to have at least one, but maybe both, eyes surgically removed due to painful ulcers. Due to being financially overwhelmed, they brought him on July 8th, 2014 to Sage Emergency Centers in Dublin, California to be euthanized.  When the staff at Sage saw a perfectly happy Bulldog come in for a euthanasia appointment, they froze.

After learning that the couple was financially overwhelmed and couldn’t afford to give Bentley his surgery, the nurses at Sage emergency informed them they could relinquish Bentley to the nursing staff who would figure out a foster situation, fundraise for his surgery, and find him a new home. Bentley would not die today, not on their watch.

The couple was soo happy to learn that this was an option. They brought all of Bentley’s belongings, including his AKC papers, a large dog crate, and a bag of hypoallergenic food.

Thanks to the nursing staff at Sage, Bentley is being fostered by my good friend Kim (same foster and similar situation as Bella the Basset). Despite a discounted surgery, Bentleys surgery and aftercare will cost approximately $2100, an amount that veterinary technicians cannot afford to spare (I can reassure you this is true).

Therefore, we need to raise money for Bentley, we have set up a fundraising campaign here, at LoveAnimals.org and we would appreciate any donations, or shares!

Also, if you have room in your heart and home for Bentley, please send me an email at mykidhaspawsblog@gmail.com.

Thank you all for reading and loving animals as much as we do!

Jen jelly
    July 13, 2014 at 12:41 pm

Aw, poor Bentley. I’m so glad you and your friend Kim and the people at the Sage Emergency Center for taking care of him.
    Jen jelly recently posted…Comment on Black and White Sunday – Please Toss The Frisbee by It’s Dog or NothingMy Profile

July 15, 2014 at 4:41 pm

Jen, thank you for stopping by! I am so thankful for my friend Kim and all she does, she is so generous with her time and efforts for animals!

July 13, 2014 at 4:41 pm

What a difficult decision for Bentley’s parents. I wish him the very best of love and care. He is adorable,
    M. K. Clinton recently posted…Canine CaffeineMy Profile

July 15, 2014 at 4:42 pm

Thank you! I know it must have been tough for them, but he got a second chance at life and that makes me happy!

Barb
    July 13, 2014 at 7:12 pm

I was relieved when I read that Sage Emergency Centre gave his owners the option of relinquishing him to them so that they could take care of his needs, rather than euthanize him, that would have been tragic. He looks like a bundle of fun, such a handsome little man. I’m sure there is a family out there who would be happy to give him a loving home and all the care he needs.
    I wish you all the luck in the world in helping to raise the money for his surgery and with finding a forever home for this boy, and thank you for all that you do to help these dogs.
    Barb recently posted…Flea and Tick Protection-what is safe to use?My Profile

July 15, 2014 at 4:43 pm

Thank you Barb! All veterinary clinics and hospitals I have worked at will offer this to people who feel that they have no where else to turn. Sometimes they just have the better connections and more resources. We are doing well raising money so far, but no contacts about a new home just yet.

Golden Woofs: Sugar
    July 14, 2014 at 8:59 am

Hope Bentley finds his forever home soon and gets the loving care. Golden Woofs

July 15, 2014 at 4:44 pm

Thanks Sugar! We hope he finds a home soon too!

Stacey
    July 15, 2014 at 5:34 pm

I have always wanted an English Bulldog … a favorite breed but timing has always been off. Sadly, the same is true now. We are renting and cannot have more than 2 dogs (we were lucky to find this place) but I will share and hope he finds a loving home soon. Such a cute smoosh face guy!
    Stacey recently posted…Review of The Dogs Bark Bakery Dessert TreatsMy Profile