10 Reasons Why I LOVE Having a Corgi!

Rooney in a banana

Corgis are so fun and so easy to love!

Here are 10 reasons why I LOVE being a CorgMom.

1) Laughter.

On a regular basis Rooney provides my husband and I with love and laughter. He is so goofy and loves to run around and have fun and be care free and we love it!

Rooney funny face

2) Corgi Smiles

Their faces are so expressive, and sometimes it looks like they are smiling 🙂 It brings me so much joy!

RooneySmile

3) Corgi Fluffy Butts

There is just something about those fluffy butts that is just so cute!

CorgiButt

4) Corgi Community

Corgi parents just understand other Corgi parents! The Corgi community, especially here in Northern California, is so close and for that, I am so grateful. It gives me an opportunity to take Rooney to a beach, or a park, and let him play with other dogs who understand him.

RooneyandShasta

5) Corgi Nap time

Rooney loves to take naps with me, and I love to take naps! It so nice to have a dog that is on the same page.

Rooney Napping

6) Corgi Adventures

Corgis are both compact and sturdy. Which means, I can take Rooney running or on hikes. Yet, he still only weighs 30 pounds and therefore isn’t too big for our townhouse. I love it!

Corgi in San Francisco

7) Corgi Feet

There is just something so adorable about Corgi feet

zO0AVdY3PG-PUDaTh9ncGIGh9LOtNJfxeqNLEoFozWI

8) Corgi Ears

Corgi ears are so soft, but be forewarned, they are no indicator of improved listening skills 🙂

CorgiEars

9) Corgi Speak

Corgis will talk to you. They may not use “English words”, but they will make a lot of noise to indicate that they are trying to communicate with you.

Corgi in San Francisco

10) Corgi Smarts

Corgis are really smart and as a result are generally easy to train.

CorgiSmart

What do you love about your dog breed?

July 15, 2015 at 3:32 pm

Terriers are smart but hard to train. You love Corgis because they make you feel like the Queen of England.
    Kismet recently posted…Let us at themMy Profile

July 15, 2015 at 6:32 pm

photo number 9 and the first one cracked me up!!!!! Love these! I love Corgis too. I remember YEARS ago when I lived in an apt in Cleveland, I was friends with a girl who had a Corgi named “Cody” (must be where I first heard the name) and I used to take care of him when she went out of town. He was great!

I have so many reasons that I love Shelties that I can’t list them all!
    Caren Gittleman recently posted…Feelin’ Goofy After My Dental-Wordless WednesdayMy Profile

Jenna,Mark “HuskyCrazed” Drady
    July 16, 2015 at 10:59 am

Awwww!!!!! These pics are so cute, and all FAB reasons of course!!!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!
    Jenna,Mark “HuskyCrazed” Drady recently posted…Family Fun At The Arena – Husky Loves To Run!My Profile

Suzanne
    July 16, 2015 at 11:04 am

These are the cutest pictures! <3
    Suzanne recently posted…Saint Bernard a Couch Potato DogMy Profile

July 16, 2015 at 2:11 pm

I think Corgis are darling, especially Rooney ♥ It still surprises me that they weigh so little. As far as what I love about Basset Hounds…everything♥
    M. K. Clinton recently posted…The Story of Bonnie & Clyde Wild Omega-3 Fish OilMy Profile

Kimberly Gauthier
    July 16, 2015 at 3:17 pm

I love the last one. Corgi smarts.

There is a big Corgi community here and when I was dabbling in pet photography, my first client was a Corgi.

7. […] Wednesday, I wrote a post about why I LOVE having a Corgi. Even more than I LOVE having a Corgi, I just LOVE Rooney, and I love being his […]

Michael Richman
    July 23, 2015 at 4:15 am

We love corgis but lost ours to cancer last year. We had 14 wonderful years with him and look forward to more corgis in the future. Another favorite breed is the English Golden Retriever. Ours is 6 months old now. He is smart, funny, opinionated and the cutest dog on the planet, in my opinion. He now has a FB page and he blogs! Smart doggie, right? 🙂

Dogs N Pawz
    July 27, 2015 at 4:16 am

Love the fluffy butt! Those are some great reasons to have a Corgi as a pet! We love our Retrievers. They are awesome dogs too!

Joan Stolar Smith
    July 29, 2015 at 9:15 am

I will simply add this to your 10: there is almost nothing cuter than a Corgi puppy!!