So, I am not the only one who has shopping left to do, right?!?!
I certainly hope not, because as usual I have procrastinated on my holiday shopping. Therefore, if you are in the same boat as me, these holiday gift guides and ideas might come in handy for those last minute gifts.
Often, you are looking for a gift for a specific person, but you may be looking for a gift for a person who loves pets. Since people and their pets tend to have a lot in common, I have grouped these gifts into categories that can represent either a person or their pet. So here we go…
Chic Pet & Pet Parent Gift Ideas:
- Animal BluePrint Company: I think these blueprints are awesome! I would love to have a Corgi blueprint in our house! This is especially a good gift if it fits well with the recipient’s decor.
- Dazzle Pet Rhinestone Collar: Who doesn’t love a little extra sparkle? This is a great gift for the pet of a fashionista!
- Trendy Pet Elevated Bowl Feeder: These feeder bowls are both chic and functional. Elevated feeding bowls are great for homes with larger dogs!
- Pretty Fluffy Print: The example above is just one of many prints that I love from Pretty Fluffy! Be sure to check out her online shop.
- Martha Stewart Scottie Flannel Bed Sheets: Each year, I can hardly wait to put flannel sheets on my bed! I love that these Scottie sheets are chic yet dog-centric!
- Emily Kaufman Painted Pillows: These pillows are gorgeous! I think they could be a great gift for anyone who loves animals.
Active & Outdoorsy Pet & Pet Parent Gift Ideas:
- Doggy Doo All: These are the perfect all-in-one for anyone who walks their dog and cares about cleaning up after their dog.
- Rooney’s favorite toy! Durable PrideBites!: Seriously, these toys are awesome! They have a little squeaker in them (which Rooney loves), they are super durable (all of Rooney’s PrideBite toys have survived his wrath), and they are machine washable! A great gift for any dog who loves toys and any pet parent who is looking for a durable dog toy!
- SnapLeash: I have a SnapLeash, and it’s awesome! I love that I can put it around my waist and walk Rooney hands-free! This is a really great gift for your photographer friends! Being able to walk Rooney hands-free is amazing when I want to be able to take photos on our walk.
- Gold Paw Fleece: Rooney looks great in his fleece, and it’s the perfect lightweight fleece for Northern California winters. Great for someone who likes to spend time with their dog outside.
- Kurgo Baxter Dog Backpack: I have wanted one of these for Rooney for a while. I think it would be a great gift for your friend that loves hiking with their dog.
- Nike Running Jacket or Vest: For your friend who loves to exercise outdoors, additional equipment is always a good idea!
Senior Pet & Pet Parent Gift Ideas:
- Luv My Leash: I met the owner and creator of Luv My Leash at Barkworld in November, and I really love this leash! These leashes are very soft, and the material makes them easy on your hands. This is a great gift for any avid dog walker.
- Dr. Buzby’s ToeGrips for Dogs: I am actually the Director of Marketing for ToeGrips, and, therefore, I think this product is excellent! ToeGrips are non-slip nail grips for senior and special needs dogs. These are a great gift for the friend or family member in your life with a senior dog.
- Orthopedic Dog Bed with Waterproof Cover from Wayfair: Orthopedic dog beds are a great gift for a person with a senior dog or cat.
- Supplements from Chewy.com: Supplements are a great gift for senior dogs and cats. It’s never too late to add these to a pet’s health plan!
- Dearfoam Slippers: Who doesn’t love new slippers? I am always looking for new slippers with extra cushion in the winter.
- PrideBites Plush Blanket: As many of you know, I love blankets. Every year I give a very plush blanket as a gift to someone in my family, and this year I want to give one to a senior pet as well!
White Elephant Gift Ideas:
I don’t know about you, but sometimes I struggle with white elephant gifts. However, because the majority of my family and friends are pet people, this year, I thought about getting a pet-related white elephant gift. Here are some of the ideas I came up with:
- Custom Pet Photo Session: Sometimes it’s nice to get someone something that they can use later like a certificate for a custom photo session.
- Dog or Cat Toys: Most dogs and cats love new toys, and if they don’t prefer toys, it’s always an item that can be donated at a later date.
- Certificate for Pet Gift Box: This is great for people with dogs or cats. These subscription boxes help pet parents discover new toys and treats.
- Photo Frame: Pet photo frames are always a nice gift since social media is proof that we are taking hundreds of pictures of our pets every day.
So what do you think? I think I have some more shopping to do…
Disclaimer: I am part of the Blogger program for both Chewy.com and Wayfair.com. Additionally, I am a PrideBites affiliate. However, My Kid Has Paws only shares information about products we believe our readers will love!