The 4th of July brings about fond memories for many people; barbecues, summer fun by the pool, enjoying the nice weather with friends and family, and of course, fireworks. While many of us humans will rejoice in the unwavering sounds of American Independence, many of our canine and feline counterparts will be freaking out!
Therefore, today I wanted to talk to you about preparing for the 4th of July. The inspiration for this post comes from the below infographic from K9ofMine.com.
Here are some steps to get ready for the big day:
- Make sure all of your pet’s tags and microchips are up to date with the correct information.
- Make sure your pets have had plenty of exercise leading up to the 4th of July.
- Don’t forget to keep them cool & hydrated in the hot temperatures.
- Purchase a Rein Coat that reduces stress and anxiety during firework shows.
- Don’t forget to have fun! Make some awesome summer treats for your dog! Here are some of my favorites from our friend Sugar the Golden Retriever:
If this is your first summer with your dog and you aren’t sure how they feel about fireworks, I have 8 safety Tips for Your Dog’s First 4th of July here.
Please share your plan for keeping your dog safe & happy this 4th of July!